Pinterest

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Weekend of Memories



Blog 142 – Friday, May 22, 2009 A mixture of sun and rain continue to "grow my garden" and aid in the deficit of our water table. Temperatures top off in the high 80’s.
The beginning of a long weekend, due to the observance of Memorial Day, kicked off "Power Scrapping" at Donna’s home today. Accompanied by zippered cases filled with paper, photos, scissors, trimmers, tape runners, glue, and various page embellishments, I arrived at the "scrap site" ready to make memories. Spreading out our supplies, the event was on! Planning, organizing, cropping, and arranging each page, I moved along slowly but deliberately. These scrap events are always a time of sharing and collaboration, allowing everyone a vested interest in the varied scrapbooks around the table. It is always a blessing and deeply gratifying to organize photographs of family and friends in an attempt to chronicle a personal history and memories for future generations. As I worked on my pages, it occurred to me that this was a perfect event in which to participate during this Memorial Day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment