Pinterest

Friday, June 5, 2009

Empty to Full



Blog 155 – Thursday, June 4, 2009 Partly cloudy, temperatures in the upper 80’s.
There are days that my glass is full – running over. Some days, my glass sits at the halfway level. Today, my glass became completely empty – it is time to go to the well that never runs dry and get refreshed – to feel that power surging through my soul. I have no one to blame for the parched state I have experienced today, for I did nothing to avert my arid state – I brought this dehydration upon myself, allowing the life force to leach from the pores of my very being. It was as if I chose to walk in the dust of selfishness and pity. Oh how I despise this place – me, the one who strives to drink every satisfying drop of life with gratefulness, regarding each new day as opportunity to give back to those around me – to be a reflection of joy and of hope – a lifter of the heads of others. But no, I let weariness cloud the light of my spirit, my very being – and I robbed my life-mate of his joy and kicking his anchor aside – we were both dry-docked! Alas, I failed in totality today – it was a worthless cause for which I suffered today but, I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day. (II Timothy 1:12) I will lift myself up from the ashes of self-condemnation and bless His name, for He is mighty and able!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment