Pinterest

Saturday, May 12, 2012






My eyes fixing on the gentle arc of promise that is sweeping across the big Texas sky - I realize that the atmosphere is changing. As excitement and encouragement builds within me, I make the correlation of the spirit and the natural, being confirmed that "all truth is parallel". The writer's block that has shrouded my being for what seems like an eternity has slowly and deliberately melted away in a gentle, cleansing manner. Having rained four days since I stepped off the plane, color and light now permeates everything around me - fresh ideas and statements wash through my thoughts like watercolor  swirling across a wet canvas. Moving again with the flowing of the Holy Spirit's prompting, my fingers tap across the keys of my computer like the gentle rain that had tapped the window adjacent to the writing table provided to me during the repose of my writing journey, and I am reminded: "'I set My RAINBOW in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth.  It shall be, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the RAINBOW shall be seen in the cloud;  and I will remember My covenant which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh;  the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh.  The RAINBOW shall be in the cloud, and I will look on it to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.' ” (Genesis 9:12-16, NKJV) 















No comments:

Post a Comment