Pinterest

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Rain has been falling on the Texas Bluebonnets five days while I have been in San Antonio. The mix of gentle showers and night storms have been a source of washing and renewing the landscape and feeding the root systems that run deep into the rich, red Texas soil. The steady precipitation has brought fresh, new beginnings - a welcome change from the usual scorching temperatures by this time of the year. 

Likewise, I too have been experiencing the rain of the Holy Spirit while resting my head in the Lonestar state. Showers of blessings - the quiet droplets of His refreshing presence have run over me with  a deliberate  "washing of the water of the Word.."(Ephesians 5:26)  The night storms have poured deep into my inner-being - the core of my existence - a strengthening and feeding of resolute truth. The mighty rushing of the winds have revealed to me that "I am not serving myself but God, by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven." (from: I Peter 1:12). My soul soaks up  the nourishment provided "by God who is giving rain for the season - keeping the weeks appointed for harvest" (from: Jeremiah 5:24) 

As the deer pants for the water brook, "my soul yearns, even faints for the Courts of the Lord. My flesh cries out for the living God." (Psalm 84:2) And I am seeking His face in this respite of quiet and solitude. I know now that "God is sending a plentiful rain to confirm my inheritance in my weariness." (Psalms 68:9) "I choose to drink in great doses of the water of the Word that I might distinguish good from evil through knowledge and discernment." (Hebrews 5:14) And I welcome the result of this process of cleansing that will guide me always. I know" He will satisfy my needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen my frame. I know I will be like a well-watered garden whose spring waters never fail." (Isaiah 58:11) 

No comments:

Post a Comment