Pinterest

Friday, March 22, 2013

Like A Tree

They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they never stop producing fruit. ~ Jeremiah 17:8

Reflecting on this scripture today is much like looking over the surface of the water in the picture above. My life too,  can seem smooth and reflective to the beholder - still and sure, but beneath - the surface can be a different picture altogether. Pressures [the heat or months of drought] can build - and concerns of this world might threaten the ability to be the Reflector of Light which my name identifies. But, thanks to the roots of my existence which extend deep within the water of the word, I can be certain that I shall not wilt or die. I will stay fresh and beneficial - replicating the clear reflection of promise  that is within me. And so, I will be like a tree planted by the water - beautiful and alive - in Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment